You get a lot of emails, and You also get a lot of spammy threads every day on social media sites. Sometimes, You don’t have the time to go through them to choose which ones you should read. In fact, sometimes you don’t even have the time to open some of those messages. Sometimes, you just want to go into your inbox and there are only important messages waiting for me. So that’s where this post comes in handy because it will tell you how to block emails from the iPhone without having to open them.
Block Gmail Emails on an iPhone Without Reading them?
Are you getting a lot of spammy emails in the Gmail app? Or do you have a huge list of unwanted newsletters that you want to block? If so, you’ll be pleased to know that there’s a quick and easy way to block Gmail emails on your iPhone. There are a couple of ways to get around it:
- Log into your Gmail account from a computer’s web browser and click on the gear in the top right corner
- Click on Settings and then Filters and Blocked Addresses under the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
- Click on Create a New Filter at the bottom of the page
- Enter the email address you want to block into the From field and click Create Filter with this Search
- Check Skip the Inbox (Archive it) and Delete it
- Click Create Filter
You can also mark messages as spam, but I prefer filtering them out to avoid getting any notifications about them.
How to Block an Email Address on Your iPhone?
Blocking someone’s email address prevents them from being able to contact you via email using your iPhone. You can block any email address in the Mail app on your iPhone, and it’s easy to unblock it later, if you wish. This is up to you when you want to block the messages. And later on when you needs them and you don’t want to block messages. Its very simple to change the setting as you want
Here’s how to block an email address on your iPhone.
- Open the Mail app and navigate to the inbox of the account you want to change settings for.
- Select one of the emails from the sender you want to block.
- Tap on their name or email address at the top of the message.
- Scroll down and tap Block This Contact.
- Tap Block Contact in the confirmation menu that appears at the bottom of your screen.
And finally you have blocked that person who you don’t want to send you a message. In the same manner you can select all the person who you don’t want to read the messages.
Unblock an Email Sender on Your iPhone
When you block someone from sending you an email on your iPhone, you can also choose to unsubscribe from their mailing list at the same time.
Need to whitelist an email address in Apple Mail on your iPhone or iPad? You can block senders from sending you emails on your iPhone or iPad, but you can also unblock them just as easily. Here’s how!
- Launch the Mail app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the list icon at the top left of the screen.
- Tap VIP or Mailboxes (depending on what version you are using) depending on if the sender is listed in your VIPs or a different mailbox.
- Find and tap on the sender that you want to unblock.
- Tap Unblock this email at the bottom of the screen.
Lastly, if the above solution fails to work, you can then contact Emailspedia.com website to fix the problem.