Businesses are formed to make profits. Business valuations are performed to determine the value of a business and/or its shares. Our business valuation services can be customised to meet your specific requirements. We provide valuation services for many purposes including:
- Initial public offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Sale or purchase of shares or businesses
- Matrimonial disputes
- Gifts and estate planning
Involved in valuing businesses
Our business valuation experts have been involved in valuing businesses of various sizes, ranging from small private firms to publicly listed companies. We have also valued financial institutions such as banks, insurance companies and investment funds.
Determining the economic value
The nature of the company being valued affects which methods are appropriate to use. Many companies use more than one method to reach a consensus view on what the business is worth.
Read The following points
- All Business Valuation
- The following are common types of business valuation.
- Asset-Based Valuation
Asset-based valuation uses the net book value (NBV) of the business’s assets and liabilities to estimate its worth. NBV is calculated by adding up all assets and subtracting all liabilities to arrive at the net asset value (NAV). Asset-based valuations can be misleading if a business has many intangible assets that are not reflected in its balance sheet, such as intellectual property or brand value.
- Market-based valuations base their estimates on what similar businesses have sold for in recent transactions.
- When a company is bought, sold or merged, the price paid for it is the most visible and tangible result of the valuation. Business valuation experts are used to help determine the purchase price. Company valuations can also be done by investors and analysts who want to estimate the attractiveness of an investment opportunity, or by owners who want to understand what their company is worth if they were to sell it.
- Business Valuation Services
- The same principles that are applied to determining the value of one company are also used when computing the market capitalization of a whole market — the total value of all companies listed on an exchange. The market capitalization of stock markets like NASDAQ and NYSE is often mentioned in financial news cables, but this number is only an aggregate figure without much meaning in itself. Stock prices are determined by supply and demand for shares, which can vary from month to month, day to day, or even during a single trading session.
- All Business Valuation
- Business valuation services are an estimation of the value of a business. It can be used for a variety of purposes such as stock market pricing, raising capital, merger and acquisition deals, dispute resolutions and other related uses. Business valuation services helps to determine the fair market value of a business or a particular asset or liability. It is important for company founders, investors and lenders to make sure that the business valuation is done by experts.
Business valuation services are important for a number of reasons such as:
Buy-sell agreements: In order to maintain control over the operations and strategy of the company, it is important to have buy-sell agreements in place. These agreements provide a way to get compensation when exiting the business or getting control over the assets in case one of its owners passes away, retires or becomes disabled. Buy-sell agreements include clauses that enable an orderly transition in company ownership through death, retirement or disability. It also provides certain financial security to the owners and may even save valuable tax dollars. Valueteam business valuation services in Singapore is one of the best Valuation services provider. Get in touch with us just go to our Contact us Page.