Creating animated videos is an engaging tool that can help you tell a story more fully. According to molecular biologist John Medina, vision is our most dominant sense, taking up half of our brain’s resources. Consequently, we can say that animation as a visual medium engages the senses and offers a simple and effective way to send important messages.
If this is not enough to convince you to create animated videos, we will highlight its advantages below. In addition, we recommend a series of tools that you could use.
What is an animated video?
Animated videos are content created with original designs, drawings, illustrations, or computer-generated effects and mostly market by guest posting services. Used in vlogs, websites, and portals of all kinds and have become an excellent alternative for recording videos.
Although they can integrate live-action video, they do not require any prior recording to convey an idea or story. Among the different types of animated videos, we can find:
- 2D animation
- 3d animation
- whiteboard animations
- motion graphics
- Stop-motion animation
- Kinetic typography
Important aspects when creating animated videos
An animated video is to exemplify or highlight an idea in a simple, attractive, and direct way. Combine cool animations and clear language to quickly grab the viewer’s attention.
Some of its most outstanding features:
- These videos are made with the aim of conveying an idea very quickly. They usually work in durations of a few seconds to be used, for example, on platforms such as Instagram TV.
- Animated marketing videos communicate a simple message following the classic storytelling scheme. First the what, then the how, and finally the why.
- They are focused on the needs of the target audience. Generally, the first thing you want when creating animated videos is that they are based on the audience and their specific problems. This generates a strong identification towards the proposal of the company that issues them.
- Cartoon characters. When creating animated videos, you also often introduce characters that bring a good dose of humor, emotion, and personality to the story.
Types of videos that can be animated
Like tutorials and interviews, creating animated videos is a compelling way to tell a story. Some of the more popular forms are:
- Explanatory videos. The best way to explain the why of things. For example, you can feed the question and answer area of a brand or web page.
- Brand videos. Ideal for presenting products on social networks.
- Corporate videos. An effective way to address the values of a company.
- Product demos. In this way, the benefits and benefits of a product or service can be pointed out in a didactic way for the final consumer.
Most used tools to create animated videos
There are excellent online tools to create animated videos in a few minutes and with a minimum of knowledge. Here we recommend some.
FlexClip. FlexClip is an online video editor that is completely web browser-based. You do not have to download or install any software. All that is required is a working web browser and an internet connection. So you can start creating animations in no time.
powtoon. With some years online, he is still one of the favorites, especially when handling animated characters. In addition, it offers different licenses, including a limited free, a professional, and a commercial one.
Animatron. Do you want an online program to help you create how-to videos, whiteboard-style animations, or HTML5 banners? This is the tool you were looking for.
Exple. It is centered on a blank chalkboard-style template. However, don’t be fooled by its simplicity. It is enough to create attractive and direct video presentations.
Key Tips for Creating Animated Videos
To finish, we want to give you some tips so that you can get the most out of the animation tools.
First, create a structure or a script where you specify the topic you want to deal with. Indeed, knowing what you want to say, you can get down to work from the first moment.
Try to handle short messages or by chapters. In this way, you can have the full attention of your viewers.
Personalize your video by creating characters based on your ideal client and settings and objects that go hand in hand with their lifestyle.
Put your distinctive stamp on each element. Use your logo, your corporate colors, and your font, and take care of transmitting your essence.
In conclusion, animated video is a dynamic and versatile medium that can take your stories to a new level. It also offers a fun and engaging alternative to traditional text content and lacks the limitations that surround live-action videos. What are you waiting to start?