When to change the plumbing system
Extraordinary and ordinary maintenance in a residential structure is essential over the years to always obtain the best results from it. Although it is possible to install very high quality systems. The natural degradation of the materials necessarily leads to the replacement of part or all of the elements that compose it. One of the most important systems for a civil home is the hydraulic one, which over the years is subject to corrosion and malfunctions.
Given that after 20 years every housing structure should re-establish the plumbing system. If in cases of excellent products it lasts up to 30 years. In some cases problems are encountered much earlier. In the next few lines. We will see when to replace the pipes in a plumbing system. Thanks also to the help of a plumber from UK who is very active in the sector. Here are some Plumbing tips yous should know if you are a home owner
What are the symptoms of a non-functioning plumbing system:
A plumbing system shows clear symptoms of malfunction, which necessarily lead to the replacement of the pipes, let’s see which ones:
- Taps: the first sign of a plumbing system to be replaced is to be found in the taps that allow dirty water to escape. This condition testifies to excessive wear and the production of polluting materials for health.
- Limestone: limestone is certainly one of the main enemies of pipes. The latter not only capable of clogging them but of making them extremely fragile over the years. Although it is not possible to precisely identify the points where this is positioned.
- It has the release of a white limestone patina in the water. The latter, like real limestone, is positioned along the pipes and limits their performance.
- Materials: older generation pipes were mainly made of lead or iron. The presence of these two materials can generate rust in the case of iron and real poisoning in the case of lead.
- Both of these materials are bad company for plumbing, the latter prone to corrosion over time by such materials. Absolutely necessary to replace in case of rusty or dark water.
What to consider before intervening:
The symptoms can induce homeowners to replace the plumbing pipes. What are the characteristics to evaluate before carrying out the intervention? Here are some to unclog pipe you should know
- Age: as anticipated in the introductory paragraph. After 20-30 years Every home should absolutely replace the plumbing system and the resulting pipes. Even the best installation incurs corrosion and natural malfunctions. It must be remedied with the complete replacement of the main elements.
- Leaks: it is evident that the constant losses of water in the dispensing devices are evidence of a plumbing system on the avenue of the sunset. Sporadic leaks may be the result of local malfunctions. The color of the water at the outlet and periodic interventions are a significant alarm on the health of the entire plumbing system. Waiting too long for the replacement could damage not only the plumbing systems themselves but above all the perimeter walls and floors, due to unexpected leaks.
- Materials: Not in all plumbing systems and pipes used are built with the same material. Over the years technological evolution has introduced higher quality materials, subject to minor breakages and corrosion.
- For this reason it is necessary to evaluate the material with which the implants were created. So as to realize the longevity of the same. A plumbing system with more than 30 years of constant activity. Even if built with the best materials, requires the replacement of the pipes.