Packaged goods are used everywhere nowadays and we often take for granted the necessity of using packaging materials for any household or edible item that we bring in our home. Firstly, packaged goods are very important to provide a safe and healthy transport of goods as it helps the items within the package stay away from germs, bacteria and exposure to extreme temperatures which can harm the quality of the product or spoil it altogether.
There are many types of packaged goods that we use in our daily lives like cardboard box packaged goods, plastic packaged goods, glass jar packaged goods and Tubed packaged goods.
In this article, we are going to discuss tubed packaged goods in detail and know some basic information about them. Stay with us if you also want to know the benefits of Tubed packaged goods.
What are Tubed Packaged Goods?
The word Tube generally refers to a container with a long body and a small opening at the end which mostly serves as the entrance as well as the exit of the container. Nowadays, tubed packaged goods and products are the most viable readily available packaging format for a wide variety of beverages and foods and medicine which are also multifunctional. This shows that whenever the word tube is used, the variations can be vast and widespread.
This type of packaged product is primarily suitable for gels, ointments, creams and other concentrated liquids. Compared to aluminum, tube packaging appears to be safer. It is used in almost every industry because it contains more diverse content, but needs and demands can vary from industry to industry.
Types of Tube Packaging
There are many basic types of packaging types of goods that are primarily dependent on the quality of the liquid or product that needs to be stored and preserved in them. Some of the common types of tube packaged goods are:
- Sealed Tube
However, these types of tubes are mostly used for liquid products, either runny or viscous, there are other types of tubes too that are used for solid products but they are very scarce and only made for a few products of selected companies.
How Tubed Packaged Goods are Processed?
The processing of tubed packaged goods mainly describes a process of filling the product inside the tube which is done by following a lot of small and simple steps. These steps are briefly described below:
- Firstly, the web stock is fed in the beginning through the forming rolls
- After that, the rolls are converted from the flat to the cylindrical shape of various sizes. The thickness, size and parameter of the tubes are mainly dependent on the type of product that are inserted in the tubes
- To give the material of the tube desired and required shape and size, high-frequency het is provided which helps mold the shape more easily
- When the desired shape and size is achieved the tubes then move forward to the cutting station where they are uniformly cut according to the amount of liquid that needs to be filled
- After being filled with the product, tubed packaged goods reach the consumers through various selling channels
Why is it Good to Choose Tubed Packaged Goods?
Tubed packaged goods are very vastly produced and used in the industry and have a massive following which increases the demand of these types of packaging. Here are some prominent pointers for why it is good to choose tubed packaging.
Tube packaging makes it a lot easier to dispatch and extract the product from the tube with just a gentle squeeze, unlike jars and bottles where you have to reach inside to extract the product. In addition, the products packaged in tubes have proven to be certainly a better option for consumers who prioritize hygiene and do not want any part of their product to get touched by any person.
Tubes are clearly easy to carry and store in drawers and cabinets which becomes convenient for the consumers. Tubed packaged goods are one of the most convenient and comfortable types of packaging options that are most liked by consumers.
With special labels, designs and graphics, companies can definitely decorate their preferred type of tubes. Moreover, they can create their own custom package sleeves with their own designed patterns. Customized patterns help the branded products stand out among the several alternatives and options that are available in the store. It also helps create a brand and attract different users to the product.
Manufacturing and shipping of tubed packaged goods is much more accessible than other types of packaged products such as those packed in bottles and jars. Another important advantage, especially in transit, is the safe handling of goods with less risk of damage.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Tubed Packaged Goods
- The product in the tube stays fresh for longer
- The food products in tubes are safe from spoilage
- The tube controls temperature and light for the product
- The products in tubes become handy and portable
- The cost of the material is minimal
- The tubes are lightweight and easy to carry as compared to glass jars
- The tubed packaged goods can be designed in various forms
- The color and design selection on the packaging are vast
- Different designing of tubed packaged goods attracts massive audience towards brand products
- Tubes are less durable than bottles and jars
- Tubes may leak or break due to corrosion if made from aluminum
- Tubes that are filled with expired products may burst and cause minor injuries
- Comparatively to jars and bottles tubes are less resistant to heat which may cause the product to become damaged
Tubed Packaged Goods are one of the most common and versatile types of packaging which is used nowadays. There are many types of products that reach the consumers packaged in tubes which mostly includes products which are in liquid form.
Read more interesting articles at Info Tech Share